Wednesday 17 June 2015

Overview

There has always been something about the allure of the open road that has appealed to me.  Whether it’s the mystery of what lies just over the next hill, around the bend or down a deserted road, (whose end cannot be immediately seen) I find the idea of discovering the answer an exciting prospect.

One of the draws that an automobile has always had for me is that it can take us to places that the average person, either by choice or lack of interest, chooses not to seek out.

Call it adventurism, curiosity and sometimes even foolhardiest.  By whatever name you might use, as a photographer, I find the need to explore and document such places both stimulating as well as rewarding.

With this in mind, I've decided to drive across the continent from Markham Ontario to Los Angeles, California via (or at least what is left of it) the now decommissioned Route 66.

My intent is not to just photograph the landscape but to attempt to engage and document individuals I encounter along the way.

The intention of this blog is to keep my family and friends informed as to my progress as well as provide a visual record of my journey.

Pages will hopefully be added daily, providing I have Internet access.  Look out Starbucks here I come.

Let the adventure begin…..

No comments:

Post a Comment